AIM AND PURPOSE
The Surana & Surana International Law Moot has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in International Law besides developing cutting edge skills in research, writing and advocacy.
Further, it is aimed to facilitate the evolution of International Law through the jurisprudential analysis of the existing law and consequential emergence of new laws.
VENUE AND DATE
The 1 st Surana & Surana & RGNUL International Law Moot Court Competition, 2017 shall be held from 25 th – 27 th August 2017 at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Bhadson Road, Sidhuwal, Patiala-147001.
The competition shall be in English language only.
The competition is open for students who are studying LL.B three years or five years course during the current academic year interested in International Law.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances. 1 st Surana & Surana & RGNUL International Law Moot Court Competition, 2017
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Online registrations are open from 15 t h June 2017.
- The teams must register online by 20 t h July 2017.
- Teams will have to register online at moot.in.
- Only 24 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on the first- come- first serve basis.
- The Registration fees for the competition shall be Rs. 4,000 (Rupees Four Thousand only) and the registered teams will be e-mailed the web link for online payment of Registration fees.
- Registration particulars as soft copy should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org marked as THE SURANA & SURANA & RGNUL INTERNATIONAL LAW MOOT COURT COMPETITION REGISTRATION as the subject of the mail latest by 20 th July 2017.
- The provisional team code shall be allotted to the registered teams by Host University soon after receiving of registration particulars.
- Winner – Rs. 10,000/-
- Runner’s up – Rs.7,000/-
- Best Memorial – Rs. 4,000/-
- Best Student Advocate – Rs. 4,000/-
- All participants will be issued participation certificates.
Regarding queries on case / submission of memorials / accommodation/transport/ etc.
Dr. Shilpa Jain Faculty Co-ordinator,
RGNUL Moot Court Committee,
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law,
Bhadson Road, Sidhuwal Patiala,
Phone: 0175 2391383
Cell No: :09530585190
Dr. S. Ravichandran
Advocate & Head,
Academic Initiatives Surana & Surana International Attorneys Moot Court Coordinator
Ms Yamini Yadav- 09876261170
Mr. Prashant Daga- 09876830773