Precedent aims to focus on legal issues currently being debated. In order for this objective to be fulfilled, the Board of Editors of Precedent welcomes submission of original articles, case comments, book reviews on the aforesaid lines. The Board of Editors may also solicit contributions.
Please refer to the Instructions for Authors section below before submitting an article. Precedent invites authors to submit manuscripts under following heads:
- Article: An article is a thorough analysis of current legal issues currently being debated in India or abroad that could have an impact on India. These can be submitted in two formats
- Short articles: The word limit for articles is between 2,500 to 3,500 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication.
- Long articles: The word limit for articles is between 4,000 to 5,500 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication.
- Book Reviews: A book review should focus on either an autobiography authored by a lawyer which could inspire aspirants and practitioners in the legal field or focuses on a practical issue that is important to know in the legal profession. For instance, a book review on a book that deals with how to bill clients or how to understand a judge’s mind etc. The word limit for book review is between 1,000 to 2,500 words for being considered for publication.
- Case Comments: A case comment should be a composite comment on some of the leading judgments by various Indian and International courts. The word limit should be between 1,000-1,500 words for being considered for publication.
Precedent will procure contributions for publication in form of Articles, or Book Reviews as rolling submissions for its forthcoming issues as per the following guidelines
- The work submitted shall be original and unpublished. Plagiarism of any kind is prohibited.
- Maximum Co-Authorship of two persons is allowed.
- Every paper, article or Case Comment should have an Abstract not exceeding 300 words. The Abstract should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and may have a maximum of five keywords in alphabetical order separated by commas.
- The title of the paper should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 14, Bold and Center-Aligned followed by the names of the authors along with their Affiliations in Size 12 as Footnotes.
- A margin of 1 inch (2.54 cm) should be left on all the sides.
- All articles/book reviews submitted should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 12, line spacing 1.5’; Justified.
- Footnotes cited in the manuscript should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 10, line spacing 1’; Justified.
- The text and citation must confirm to the 19thEdition of the Bluebook: A uniform system of citation.
- Provide a cover letter including your name, school or affiliation, title of your manuscript, address, telephone number and email address.
- The manuscripts should be submitted online in a MS Word format document at Submission@jdicere.com
Review Of Articles/Book Reviews/Case Comments
The articles/book reviews/case comments submitted for publication in Precedent should be an original work of the author and should have not been published previously or currently is submitted for publication in any electronic or print media. The author will be responsible for the accuracy of statement of facts,opinions or views stated in the submitted manuscript. In case of any plagiarism found in the contents of submitted manuscript, the manuscript will be rejected. The final discretion as to the acceptance of the manuscripts rests with the Board of Editors.
There may be a peer review of each article submitted to the Board of Editors for publications by eminent scholars in the field of law on which the article/book review is focusing as part of the selection process for publication in the forthcoming issue. However, the same is subject to the discretion of the Board of Editors.
The manuscripts published by the Precedent are the Intellectual Property of the Jus Dicere Center of Research In Law. However, for non-commercial purposes the use of published material is not prohibited. Proper intimation and permission of the Board of Editors is required.
A Nominal fees of 1500/- will be charged towards printing, courier and processing charge.
The views expressed in the articles, comments and all other contributions in any other form to the Precedent are those of the individual authors and not necessarily of the Board of Editors of Precedent. The contributors by submitting any contribution towards Precedent agree to indemnify Precedent from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
If you need any further clarification, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or+ 91 (0) 8744099951/ +91 (0) 8754918368.
or for information visit – research.jdicere.com/precedent