The Association of Indian Universities, in collaboration with the NorthCap University, Gurgaon IS organising the National Seminar on Women as Critical Partners in an Egalitarian Society: An evaluation of the current status in India.
Any society or culture which operates on the basis of merit/ability and not on the basis of hereditary status/centralised political and economic power would qualify as an egalitarian society.
In India, inequality in gender is deep rooted in all aspects – home, public space or work space. In many situations, they are denied access to basic education and healthcare and are victims of violence and discrimination. They are under represented in political and economic decision making process. A society/nation where such gender inequalities exist will take a long time before it is called progressive.
This seminar attempts to study the features of an egalitarian society and deliberate on how to achieve the same through debate, discourse and deliberation.
Call for papers
Papers are invited on the main sub-themes of the conference given below. (Note that this is not an exhaustive list)
- Continuing gender wage gap
- Individual conduct in an egalitarian society
- The single and working middle class woman
- Entrepreneurial aptitude and attitude among women
- Women objectification and trafficking
- Violence against women – domestic and outside – Female foeticide and infanticide, stalking, eve-teasing etc.
- Under representation of women in crucial fields such as – electoral, justice system (prosecutors, judges, police officers), political participation etc.
- Blurring of husband-wife roles in family (role reversal)
- Women leadership, career advancement for women and glass ceiling
- Cross cultural egalitarian studies
- Age preferences for partner choice for women, partner alcoholism and drug abuse challenges
- Freedom to abort for rape victims
- Adolescent education/training
- Entry into male-dominated professions
- Resourcefulness of women
Extended abstracts and papers to be presented should be sent through email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with a hard copy (A4 size).
The filled in registration form along with the fee (Rs. 1000) should be sent to
Dr Usha Rai Negi, Assistant Director, Research Division,
Association of Indian Universities, 16, Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg,
New Delhi – 110002
For any queries, contact
Dr. Amarendra Pani (Ph: 011-23230059 Ext 202/209), email@example.com
with a copy marked to
Dr Sushmita Biswal Waraich (Mob: 9811587891), firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MORE DETAILS, PLEASE VISIT http://www.ncuindia.edu/notices/National%20Seminar.pdf