The Human Rights and Business Academy (HURBA) in collaboration with the Indian Law Institute Delhi (ILI) will organise an intensive certificate course on “business and human rights” (BHR) during 3-8 July 2017. The course will be held at the ILI in New Delhi.
The course aims to expose law/business/management students, lawyers, civil society representatives, policy makers and corporate executives to international and comparative perspectives in the field of BHR. After completing this intensive course, participants should be able to have an informed understanding about
- the nature and extent of the human rights responsibilities of business enterprises,
- how companies could discharge their human rights responsibilities and resolve dilemmas in their day-to-day operations, and
- various remedial tools available to the victims to seek access to justice in cases involving human rights abuses by business.
The seminar-style interactive course will be taught, on a pro bono basis, by a team of leading scholars and practitioners such as: Jernej Letnar Černič, Graduate School of Government and European Studies, Slovenia; Surya Deva, School of Law, City University of Hong Kong; Harpreet Kaur, Senior South Asia Researcher & Representative, Business and Human Rights Resource Centre; and Manoj Kumar Sinha, Director, ILI.
This BHR course should be of interest to
- law/business/management students having an interest in BHR or corporate social responsibility (CSR);
- lawyers interested in developing specialisation in BHR-related corporate advising and litigation; and
- civil society representatives, business executives, policy makers, and government officials aspiring to learn more about international and comparative developments in the fields of BHR and CSR. Upon a successful completion of the course, a certificate will be issued by the ILI.
For admission-related matters, please contact the ILI Registrar, Mr Shreenibas Chandra Prusty ( email@example.com).
For other details, please contact the Course Coordinator, Prof Surya Deva ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Date & Venue-
Indian Law Institute, New Delhi (3-8 July 2017)