The Centre through the Conference intends to indulge in discussions with regulatory authorities, ngos, activists, academicians, legal practitioners and officials of the Government andstudents about their experiences in the last 12 years with the right to access to information and theloopholes of the statute, if any, which they have noticed or consider as a bar to effectiveimplementation of the statute in the country. At the same time the influence of the Right toInformation Act, 2005 on other South Asian jurisdictions and its effectiveness in theirjurisdictionwill also be examined.
- Those who are interested in presenting a paper on any area of Right to Information must send an abstract of one page along with a biographical note on or before 15 June, 2017.
- Preference will be given to detailed papers with analysis of law, good practices and good governance through Right to Information and the content must be supported and analyzed by empirical method of research.
- Acceptance of abstract will be informed by 19 June, 2017.
- A full length paper of 6,000 – 7,000 words must be sent
REGISTRATION AND FEES
- Registration fee for the Conference is category wise:
- Category A (Paper Presentation): Rs. 1500/- INR for single author. For Coauthorship
- Rs. 2500/-.
- Category B (Participation): Rs. 750/- INR
- Registration fee can be paid by a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “THE WBNUJS, CRSGPP
- A/C.” payable at “Kolkata” or NEFT.
The Bank Account Details for NEFT are as follows:
- Name of the Account: “THE W.B.NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF JURIDICAL SCIENCES,
- Account No: 066300101009449
- Bank: Corporation Bank
- Branch: NUJS Campus
- IFSC Code: CORP0000663
Original demand draft or receipt of NEFT payment must be duly sent to the Centre
Coordinator along with the filled in registration form. Participation is limited to 30 participants(excluding paper presenters). All Interested participants may register by sending in a filled inregistration form through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration would be done on first-comefirst-serve basis until the seats are filled. No spot registration will take place for the conference.Subject line of the email should specify the Category of participants.
Last Date of Submission of Abstract: 15 June, 2017
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract: 19 June, 2017
Last Date of Registration for Participation or Paper Presentation: 07 July, 2017
Last Date of Submission of Full Paper: 16 July, 2017
Conference Date: 22 July, 2017.
Email id for Registration, Paper Presentation/Abstract Submission/Full Paper submission and for
queries: email@example.com, Contact Number: +91-33-2335-7379/0765 (Extn. 7210). Address
for written communication is as follows:
Prof. Dr. T.R. Subramanya
Research Fellow & Centre Coordinator
Centre for Regulatory Studies, Governance and Public Policy
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
12, LB Block, Dr. Ambedkar Bhawan,
Sector III, Saltlake,