ABOUT GUJARAT NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a premier national law university established under the “Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003” in the State of Gujarat, INDIA. It is one of the most prestigious law schools in India located at Gandhinagar. The University aims to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of law and legal processes and their role in national and international development; to develop in the students and the research scholars a sense of responsibility to serve society in the field of law by developing skills in regard to advocacy, legal services, legislation, parliamentary practice, law reforms and such other matters; to make law and legal processes efficient instruments of social development; and to promote inter-disciplinary study of law in relation to management, technology, international cooperation and development.
ABOUT THE INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY BOARD OF INDIA
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India was set up on 1st October, 2016 under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code). It is a unique regulator: regulates a profession as well as transactions. It has regulatory oversight over the Insolvency Profesionals, Insolvency Professional Agencies and Information Utilities. It writes and enforces rules for transactions, namely, corporate insolvency resolution, corporate liquidation, individual insolvency resolution and individual bankruptcy under the Code. It is a key pillar of the ecosystem responsible for implementation for of the Code that consolidates and amends the law relating to reorganisation and insolvency resolution of corporate persons, partnership firms and individuals in a time bound manner for maximisation of the value of assets of such persons, to promote entrepreneurship, availability of credit and balance the interest of all the stakeholders.
Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India, is launching a Research Writing Competition on the Central Theme of Legal Landscape of Insolvency and Bankruptcy in India– Journey Since 2016 Well researched and original papers are invited from scholars, researchers and students on the below mentioned theme and sub-themes.
THEME: Legal Landscape of Insolvency and Bankruptcy in India: Journey Since 2016
- Efficacy of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws of India
- Corporate Insolvency: Practice and Procedure
- Resolution Plan in a Corporate Insolvency Process
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code versus the Companies Act, 2013
- Voluntary Liquidation
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Regulations: At a Glance
- Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation Procedure for Individuals under the Existing and Previous Law: A Critical Analysis
The content of the Research Paper must be of high standard without plagiarized material, and must include:
- Concept Note
- Research Objectives
- Research questions, with a central research question
- Case analysis (if relevant)
- Research Findings
- Font Type: Garamond
- Font Size: 16 (Theme), 14 (Subtitle), 12 (Text), 10 (Footnote)
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Citation Method: OSCOLA, 4th Edition
- Word Limit: 3000-5000 Words
Ø Co-authorship is not allowed.
Ø Entries should be submitted in .doc format to email@example.com
Who can participate: Scholars, researchers and students pursuing graduate and postgraduate studies
- Last date of Submission: 15th November, 2017
- Declaration of Result: 25th December, 2017
DECLARATION OF RESULT
- The list of the winners will be declared on the GNLU website.
- Cash prizes
- INR 25,000 (First Prize)
- INR 15,000 (Second Prize)
- INR 10,000 (Third Prize).
- Certificates will be issued to all the participants.
- Prizes will be distributed at the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India– New Delhi
GNLU Centre for Corporate and Competition Law
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba, Gandhinagar- 382426,