Harvard University is offering a free online course on High-Dimensional Data Analysis. A focus on several techniques that are widely used in the analysis of high-dimensional data. Students will learn about the batch effect: the most challenging data analytical problem in genomics today and describe how the techniques can be used to detect and adjust for batch effects. The course will start on July 1, 2017.
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. Harvard faculty are engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study.
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Subject: Biology & Life Sciences
Institution: Harvard University and edx
Session: Course Starts on July 1, 2017
How to Apply
- Go to the course website https://www.edx.org/
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honour code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant signs up for a course and activates their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or report your experience through the edX contact form