Law Mantra is India’s most popular and trusted website in the field of Law. Law Mantra’s mission is to provide comprehensive and easy-to-understand legal information to users and make such information easy to find on the Internet. Law Mantra is having an Online, Print Journal and Web Portal, under the guidance of Dr. Adish C Aggarwala, Sr. Advocate, Prof. (Dr) Ranvir Singh, V.C NLU Delhi, Prof. (Dr) M.P Singh, Chancellor, CUHaryana, Prof. (Dr) Vijender Kumar, VCNLU-Nagpur, Prof. (Dr) Naresh Kumar Vats, Professor, NLU-Nagpur and other luminaries from the legal fraternity. Law Mantra is running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same. Law mantra also has an ISSN (2321-6417) & (2394-7829) journal which tries to disseminate knowledge and research in various aspects of law.
About Dr.Adish C Aggarwala:-Dr. Adish C. Aggarwala is a senior advocate and the President of International Council of Jurists, President of International Commission of Writers, Chairman of All India Bar Association, Convener of Indian Council of Jurists, Chairman of India Legal Information Institute, Secretary General of All India Senior Advocates Association and Patron of All India Law Students Association. He has been Senior Additional Advocate General of Haryana Govt and Additional Advocate General of Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Tamil Nadu.Govts.
About the Competition
The essay writing competition has been started in the name of Dr. Adish C Aggarwala. The essay competition basically has the purpose to bring out original and concrete views of the mass- to the mass. In an essay, we look forward to a detail analysis of the status quo and putting forward suggestions that would serve as an instrument for change to the problems that persist.
Theme:- “UIDAI debate-Right to Privacy Fundamental Rights?
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-Authorship is permitted only up to two authors.
- The Students who have made a solo entry and as a co-author also will be treated as multiple entries and it will lead to rejection of the second submission. . (The entry which is received first will be entertained ) • Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to originality of work
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of the essay.
LENGTH OF THE ESSAY
- The Essay shall consist of an abstract, main text and bibliography.
- An abstract not exceeding 200 words mentioning the title and keywords must be attached
- The essay shall be no longer than 2500 words. (Excluding footnotes).
- Footnotes must conform to Bluebook (19th Edition) rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation
COVER OF WRITTEN SUBMISSION:
- The written submission must have a cover page containing the name of the Participant, address, e-mail id, contact number and name of the college/university with address. ii. The external cover/envelope should be marked “Essay Competition”.
The participant should mention his or her name, address, e-mail id, contact number and name of the college/university with address in the mail and send the essay as an a attachment[ in MS word/pdf] with the Subject “Essay Competition”.
Prize and Reward
1st Prize Rs 10,000/-
2nd Prize Rs 7,000/-
3rd Prize Rs 5,000/-
Last Date of Registration and Submission of Essay 2nd Nov, 2017
Adv. Aditya Mishra
B.A LL.B (Hons.), National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
Associate, Chamber of Sr. Adv. Sudhanshu Batra, New Delhi
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com