Shri Ram Chandra Mission is a non-profit educational and spiritual service organization. It promotes heart-based living through meditation as a means to universal peace and harmony. It is one of 1600 NGOs associated with the United Nations Department of Public Information. The All India Essay Writing Event is the flagship event of the partnership between the United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan ( UNIC ) and Shri Ram Chandra Mission ( SRCM ) . Under a collaborative initiative called Conscious Living, SRCM and The Heartfulness Institute have developed educational programs for youth aimed at bringing about an understanding and acceptance of universal human values. A program for training of teachers to enable them for delivery of Conscious Living education has also been launched. These programs are also being offered by SRCM to schools, besides the Essay Writing Event.
Through the All India Essay Writing Event, they invite you to tap into your inner space, tune in to the soft voice of the heart that never fails to guide and inspire and, express in words your feelings on the topic. SRCM encourage you thus to begin the practice of referring to the heart early in life.
Topic of Essay:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge ~ Stephen Hawking.
Word limit: 1000
LANGUAGES OFFERED: Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu.
- The student must be pursuing UG or PG course at the time of submitting the essay manuscript.
- All eligible and willing candidates from a participating institution must be allowed to participate and submit their entries to the institution’s designated authorities by August 12, 2017.
- The institution shall then select and submit the top 5 essays in each language along with a complete list of participants in the prescribed format, to an SRCM representative by September 1, 2017.
Prizes in each Category:
National Level: Top ten essays, written in each of the eleven languages, will be awarded certificates in both categories. First, second and third prize winners will be awarded medals in addition to certificates.
State Level: Top ten essays, written in each of the 2 or 3 language options given to participants of a State, will be awarded certificates in both the Categories. First, second and third prize winners will be awarded medals in addition to certificates.
Institution Level: From amongst participants of each institution, a Certificate of Merit will be awarded to the two top essays from each of the two or three languages, in both categories.
- Students may be required to undertake a telephonic interview to qualify for the final award.
- Both the National and State level prize winners will be awarded certificates signed by the Director of the UNIC and the President of SRCM.
Last date for submission of essays by participants to their institution authorities: August 12, 2017
Last date for submission of selected essays by institutions: September 1, 2017.
Declaration of results: December 2017
For clarifications or any other help please write to us at: email@example.com