Date: 18th and 19th September, 2017
Venue: International Training Centre, NLSIU
India is the fourth largest energy consumer in the world, all set to overtake China in the next decade if the global energy consumption growth is to be believed. However, India ranks the lowest in the per-capita consumption of electricity, thus making energy paucity, a raging challenge. Governments which rose and fell from power, all proposed an ambitious energy revolution, an increase in the installed capacity in the renewable energy options, increasing import and utilization of the coal resources to fire the Thermal Power Plants, but still have been unable to improve the energy crisis. There has been systematic efforts to develop the prospects and measure growth of deriving energy from various non-conventional sources such as Solar, Wind, Hydroelectricity; various alternative energy sources such as Nuclear Energy, Biogas and Natural Gas; and lastly other unexplored sources such as Tidal and Geothermal.
Aims and Objectives:
- To advance the idea of Sustainable Energy in India.
- To highlight the future trends of development of Sustainable Energy in India.
- To determine the gaps in policy and legislation in furthering the ambition of Sustainable Energy.
- To elucidate the prospects of Tidal and Geothermal Energy and determine their feasibility.
- To strengthen the opinion on development and growth of Nuclear Energy as a fully sustainable method of generating clean energy.
- To put forth a well balanced opinion on the policy-trends regarding realisation of Sustainable Development Goals
- Critically evaluate the management of the Public Sector Undertakings which operate the renewable energy plants and projects.
- Critically correlate the advantage of various sources of sustainable energy over each other.
The participants who may be invited can be Academicians, Members of the Legal Fraternity, Law Teachers, Law Students and Scholars, Members from the Non-Governmental Organisations working in the sphere of development of Renewable Energy and/or Sustainable Development.
Call for Paper presentations:
Original unpublished research papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the above mentioned themes and related areas on the sub themes mentioned below.
- Achieving Energy Security by Renewable Sources of Energy Policy Trends in developing Sustainable Energy
- Sustainable Management of Conventional sources of energy
- Achieving Energy Security through development of Nuclear Energy
- Nuclear Energy and Sustainable Development (Environment Sustainability and Economic Sustainability)
- Policy initiatives to develop tidal and geothermal energy in India
- Gaps in Policy for achieving the goals set out in attaining Energy Security and Access to Energy Regulatory & functional challenges for the electricity sector.
PUBLICATION OF PAPERS:
NLSIU will publish selected papers presented in the Seminar in a special issue of the Journal of Law and Public Policy (Vol.V). The same shall be released tentatively in 2018.
The abstract should contain no more than 300–350 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author indicating their name, designation, email ID, contact number and official address. The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 5000 words (excluding footnotes).
Papers should be written in English. Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of maximum two authors per submission & the registration of fees has to be paid by both authors. No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. All the abstracts and full length papers shall be sent to the email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Registration fee for the Seminar is Rs.2000/-for participants and paper presenters (separately for author and co-author). Participants must make their own travel and conveyance arrangements. Registration is confirmed on receipt of payment at our end either by Demand Draft, in the name of NLSIU, payable at BENGALURU or NEFT as per the details given in the brochure. DD along with the registration form should be sent to the address given below and Bank Transaction ID Number in case of NEFT Transfer must be sent to email@example.com
Ms. Baba R S
National Law School of India University
Nagarbhavi Bengaluru 560072
Abstract Submission by e-mail only – 10th August, 2017
Communication of Abstract Selection – 16th August, 2017
Submission of Full paper (by e-mail) – 10th September, 2017
Date of Seminar – 18th and 19th September, 2017
Dr. Sairam Bhat
Associate Professor of Law